So now that you are finally used to the idea of a subscription to Office, and just got used to saying “Office 365”, Microsoft is changing to name to Microsoft 365! Which actually makes me happy because the subscription to Microsoft 365 is often way more than just the “Office apps” so a name change does help clear up some confusion in the long run.
But in the meantime, if you currently have a subscription to Office 365 Personal or Family or Business(ish) subscription, you will be receiving an email soon (like today-ish maybe?) about this name change.
This email will state three key details:
- You don’t need to do anything.
- The price stays the same.
- The subscription name will update automatically in the admin center on or after April 21, 2020.
And the name changes will be determined based on the subscription you already have.
- Office 365 Business Essentials will become Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium will become Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business will become Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business will become Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
- Office 365 ProPlus will become Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise
If you would like to learn more about the personal and home Microsoft 365 subscription naming changes, you may read more about them here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/03/30/introducing-new-microsoft-365-personal-family-subscriptions/
If you would like to learn more about the business Microsoft 365 subscription naming changes, you many read more about them here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/03/30/new-microsoft-365-offerings-small-and-medium-sized-businesses/